Learn what cold-hardy fruit grows well in the Ontario – in your backyard, large or small. Join us for this one-day intensive workshop where you will learn the basics of orchard design, four methods of fruit tree propagation, and how to collect, store and root fruit cuttings.
With Phillip Collins
Learn about exotic varieties like pawpaw, persimmon, asian pear, & heartnuts.
Admission includes catered local Vegetarian lunch + Refreshments
Topics will include:
- Fundamentals of orchard/edible garden design
- Fundamentals of fruit propagation
- The profit potential of growing fruit in Canada
- How to improve plant genetics by breeding, selecting and grafting
- The best rootstocks to use for grafting
- How to bench graft superior fruit selections (hands on!)
- How to collect, store, & root fruit cuttings
There are 50 spaces available for those who wish to graft their own fruit tree to take home.
Remaining participants will be able to watch grafting lesson, but will not receive their own tree.